Tips For Visiting Uffizi Gallery
Insider Tips for Visiting the Uffizi Gallery
- The Uffizi Gallery has free admission days on which days the pre-booked time slots are not followed. It is advisable to not visit the gallery on these days as the queues are longer than usual.
- Take a break at the cafe located on the second floor, from here you can view the panoramic landscape of the River Arno and the city ahead.
- Set aside atleast 2-3 hours of your day to fully explore the Uffizi Gallery, it is ideal to choose either an audio guide or a guided tour to make the most of the visit. You will learn a lot of tidbits on such tours, which you might miss otherwise!
- You can check in your small luggage at the cloakroom near the entrance of the Uffizi Gallery. However, account for this time while reporting for your pre-booked time slot.
- Photography is allowed for personal use, however don’t bring selfie-sticks, tripods, stands, or use flash for taking photographs. Ideally, a phone camera is the best way to take photographs in the Uffizi Gallery. Although, make sure to keep your phone on silent.
- The entire Uffizi Gallery is accessible by wheelchair, you can also take the lifts/elevators for those with disabilities.