Uffizi Gallery Tours | Explore the Famous Gallery in Florence With an Expert Guide
Book Uffizi Gallery Guided Tours
Deep dive into a world of timeless art at the Uffizi Gallery. From Botticelli's ethereal "The Birth of Venus" to Michelangelo's captivating "Tondo Doni," each canvas depicts the brilliance of its creator. A treasure trove of Renaissance wonders and cultural gems, Uffizi Gallery guided tours invite you to go beyond what meets the eye.
Which Uffizi Gallery Tour is Best for You?
Duration: 1.5-3 hours
Suited for: Travelers on time crunch
Ticket price: Adults: from €55; Between 6-17 yr: €49; Under 5 yr: free
- Bypass the often long queues at the Uffizi Gallery entrance and save you valuable time.
- Expert guides will enhance your visit with captivating anecdotes and information about artworks, artists, and historical context.
- Professional multilingual guides for a seamless and comfortable experience.
Florence Wonders with Skip-the-Line Small Group Tour of Uffizi Gallery
Suited for: Budget travelers
Ticket price: Adults: From €35
- By choosing the combo ticket, you can save 5% and some more compared to purchasing individual tickets for different Florence attractions.
- Combo tickets provide a captivating blend of Florence's artistic heritage and natural beauty. It's an efficient way to diversify your Florence travel itinerary.
- Save time and money by enjoying both Uffizi Gallery's art and Boboli Gardens' tranquility with a single ticket.
Private Guided Tours
Duration: 1.5 - 3 hours
Suited for: Travelers seeking a personalized experience
Ticket price: Adults: From €78
- With a private tour, you'll have a more intimate and engaging encounter with the art, as you explore the iconic works of renowned painters like Botticelli, Da Vinci, and Michelangelo in an intimate setting.
- Enjoy priority access to the Uffizi Gallery, avoiding long queues and maximizing your time to appreciate the masterpieces without delays.
- Customize your experience by choosing between a 1.5 hour guided tour of the gallery or a more comprehensive 3 hour one.
Small Group Tours
Duration: 1:30 to 1:45 hours
Suited for: Solo travelers, couples
Ticket price: Adults: From €69; Under 6 yr: free
- Join a small group of 15 or fewer guests for a personalized tour led by an expert guide.
- Enjoy fast-track entry to the Uffizi Gallery.
- An expert guide provides in-depth insights into Renaissance art, fostering interactive and informative discussions.
City Walking Tours
Duration: 2.5 - 3 hours
Suited for: First time visitors or travelers looking for an efficient city exploration
Ticket price: Adults: From €120; Between 4-14 yr: €110; Under 3 yr: free
- Explore Florence's art, history, and landmarks in a day. Covering the Duomo, Ponte Vecchio, and more, it provides a holistic city overview.
- Learn from a knowledgeable multilingual guide who shares stories of Brunelleschi's dome, Michelangelo's David, and Florence's heritage, enhancing your tour.
- Skip queues at the Accademia and Uffizi Galleries, optimizing your time. With curated routes and fast-track entry, maximize your Florence visit.
Why Take a Uffizi Gallery Tour?
Uffizi Gallery is one of the most popular and most visited landmarks in Florence. Here are a few reasons why you should go on a Uffizi Gallery tour.
Guided Tours vs Non-Guided Tours
- Most Uffizi Gallery guided tour tickets include a skip-the-line feature.
- An Uffizi Gallery guided tour includes an expert guide with in-depth knowledge about the attraction.
- Guided tours have a fixed itinerary, which would include all the major points of interest and famous artworks you must check out on your visit to the gallery.
- Your tour includes a small group of people to give you a comprehensive and interactive experience.
- You will have to choose entry tickets with a skip-line feature so can avoid the wait, which can be anywhere between 30 minutes to a couple of hours, to enter the gallery.
- You will have to explore the attraction on your own, you can take advantage of the audio guide, for an insightful experience.
- General admission tickets allow you to explore the gallery at your own pace.
- A non-guided is a self-driven exploration.
Highlights Covered on Your Uffizi Gallery Tour
The Uffizi Palace, which follows a Doric style of architecture, is one of the greatest examples of sixteenth-century Italian architecture. It was built by Giorgio Vasari, after being commissioned by Cosimo I de’ Medici, Duke of Florence, who wished to use the building as an office that would bring all the administrative departments under one roof.
There are three iconic corridors on the east, west, and south of the top floor of the gallery. The corridors are lined with statues, paintings, busts, and frescoes that date back to the 14th century depicting the history and glory of the House of Medici and Tuscany. The corridors are also famous for the spectacular views of the city’s important landmarks their large windows offer.
The Grand Staircase
Divided into two parts, the first flight of stairs was designed by Vasari in the Florentine Renaissance style. It stops at the first floor while the second flight, made in Neo-Classical form, goes up to the floor of the gallery via an elliptical vestibule. The whole stairway is done up in green pastel shades reflecting the bright interiors of European cities like Saint Petersburg and Vienna.
Designed by Bernardo Buontalenti, the Tribune is an octagonal room inside the Uffizi Gallery built to house the jewels and embellishments of Francesco l de’ Medici, the Grand Duke of Florence at the time. It is also home to sculptures, paintings, and some beautiful natural items like precious stones.
Department of Prints and Drawings
Located on the gallery's first floor, the Department of Prints and Drawings is housed in what was formerly the Medici Theater. The department consists of over 177,000 prints and drawings, with works dating back to the end of the 14th century. The department also includes a photo gallery, library, and the recently installed study room for academics, researchers, and students.
Frequently Asked Questions About Uffizi Gallery Tours
A. Yes, you can book an Uffizi Gallery tour here.
A. You can book an Uffizi Gallery tour online.
A. Uffizi Gallery tour tickets are priced at €50 and above.
A. The Uffizi Gallery guided tours are available in 5 languages – English, German, Italian, Spanish and French.
A. The Uffizi Gallery guided tour covers all the major points of interest and popular artworks inside the museum.
A. It depends on the type of tour you book. The Uffizi Gallery guided tours usually have a maximum capacity of 15 guests.
A. Yes. The Uffizi Gallery guided tour is worth it because it is home to possibly the greatest art collection in the world, even better than the Louvre in Paris or the New York City’s Metropolitan Museum of Art. The collection includes artworks of the finest artists to have ever walked on the face of Earth – Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael, and Caravaggio, to name a few.
A. Yes. Uffizi Gallery guided tours include skip the line access.
A. Yes. You can cancel a booked Uffizi Gallery guided tour 24 to 48 hours before the scheduled date and get a full refund.
A. The Uffizi Gallery guided tour is between 2.5 to 6.5 hours long, depending on the tour you book.
A. There are four types of Uffizi Gallery tours available – the basic guided tour which allows you to explore the museum, Florence Wonders with Uffizi Gallery Skip-the-Line Visit + Small Group Tour, Semi-Private Uffizi Gallery Renaissance Art Tour, Florence Half-Day Tour with Uffizi & Accademia Galleries, and Florence Half-Day Tour – Uffizi & Accademia Galleries with Florence Cathedral.